Seven Reasons to Choose Green Flooring
Green Flooring made from eco-friendly materials, is usually sustainable and undergoes production and installation which is not harmful to the environment.
Prime examples of Green Flooring are cork, bamboo, wool carpets with jute backings, stone tiles, hardwood, linoleum and ceramic tiles.
- No Toxic Substances - Green Flooring does not emit toxins and harmful substances that may harm your health and the environment
- Hypo-Allergenic - Examples of hypoallergenic materials include Marmoleum, Cork and bamboo. These materials do not attract dust, pollen, dirt and other allergens which helps to eliminate allergy attacks or other respiratory problems.
- Biodegradable - Green Flooring materials are 100% natural and biodegradable so when ultimately put into waste management, these materials will be disposed of in an eco-friendly way.
- Value for Your Investment - Green Flooring is easy to clean and lasts longer which will lower your flooring expenses
- Improved Air Quality - Green Flooring does not emit any harmful scents, fumes, or odors. There are no dyes, chemicals, or synthetic products used in 100% green flooring products.
- Sustainable Resources - Most Green Flooring materials are harvested from well managed forests meaning the forests are governed by strict state laws covering deforestation issues ensuring they will not be depleted. For example, bamboo grows as a rather quick rate and cork comes from the Cork Oak tree's bark which will regenerate.
- Formaldehyde Free - Formaldehyde is a colorless pungent smelling gas that can cause watery eyes, burning feeling in the throat, difficulty breathing, and even nausea. High concentrations can trigger asthma attacks. Although formaldehyde does not affect everyone, it is best to keep it away from children and those with breathing issues.